Want to stay connected to parenting resources in Lane County? Sign up for the monthly Triple P Newsletter featuring Triple P Online highlights, upcoming family events in Lane County, and the latest parenting blogs from the Triple P team!
Newsletter Sign Up
About Triple P Online:
- Triple P Online (TPOL) is an online learning program made up of sections, designed for parents of children up to 12 years of age. If your children are between the ages of 2 and 12, this program is a great fit for you!
- You will be given an access code, which can be entered into the program’s website. You can access the website 24 hours, 7 days a week!
- TPOL consists of 8 sections, and access is available to you for 12 months from the date your access code is first activated.
- TPOL includes 17 key positive parenting strategies covered in 8 sections. The program sections open up in order – when you finish a section, you will be able to move onto the next one. Previous sections remain unlocked so you can go back to finished sections at any time.
- The program offers achievement badges, resources, a “Q & A” library and a downloadable workbook for you to refer to as you implement the strategies into your daily life.
Section topics cover:
- Section 1 – What is positive parenting?
- Section 2 – Encouraging behavior you like
- Section 3 – Teaching new skills
- Section 4 – Managing misbehavior
- Section 5 – Dealing with disobedience
- Section 6 – Preventing problems by planning ahead
- Section 7 – Making shopping fun
- Section 8 – Raising confident, capable kids
- The course gives you a mixture of videos, worksheets, tips and activities.
- Each section takes between 30 and 60 minutes to complete.
- Triple P Online also offers podcasts, emails, and text reminders to reinforce learning, and remind you to log back in.
Benefits of Triple P Online
- Triple P Online will not tell you how to parent your children. Rather, Triple P Online will outline a variety of strategies which you can adapt to your particular situation and challenges.
- Triple P Online will help you learn positive parenting techniques that will help your family life become calmer and more positive with less yelling!
- Triple P Online will help you feel more confident in managing your children’s behavior.
Does Triple P Online work?
- Triple P Online was developed by Dr. Karen Turner and Dr. Matt Sanders, from the Parenting and Family Support Center at The University of Queensland. Dr. Turner and Dr. Sanders are Clinical Psychologists, and recognized internationally for their work in developing parenting programs and support for families.
- Triple P has been tested with more than 200 clinical trials and evaluation studies worldwide showing it can help families in many different situations.
How to Get Started
If you or your child are on Oregon Health Plan (OHP) through Trillium Community Health Plan, there are a couple of ways that you can Triple P Online for free:
- Receive Triple P Online for free and up to $50 in Amazon gift card via e-mail by participating in a University of Oregon (UO) research study. Click here for more information about the UO study.
- If you do not want to participate in the UO study, you can get Triple P Online for free by filling out the form at the bottom of this page. A friendly staff person from Parenting Now! will send you an access code within 24 hours and you’ll be able to start using the program right away!
If you are not on OHP, you may purchase the program for $79.99. Please click here to visit the Triple P website.
After you’ve completed the program, or about four months after you start using the program we will contact you and ask you to fill out a brief survey. After you fill out the survey you will be sent a $20.00* Amazon gift card via e-mail.
*UO study participants are sent $50 in Amazon gift cards via email for completing two brief online surveys. Click here for more information.