Kids In Transition To School (KITS) Program
Have a child entering Kindergarten this fall and want to give them the best start possible? The Kids in Transition to School (KITS) Program has helped families just like yours make a smooth transition into Kindergarten. They offer two activities: a school readiness group for kids and a workshop for parents/caregivers.
In the KITS School Readiness group your kids will:
- Learn to make friends & cooperate
- Build beginning reading & counting skills
- Do fun activities & play games
- Be in a positive, supportive setting with highly trained teachers!
In the KITS Parent Workshops you will:
- Learn skills to reduce parenting stress
- Learn how to connect with your child’s school
- Connect with other families in a relaxed setting that have the same experiences as you!
KITS also provides:
- Translation of parent groups
- Childcare during parent groups
- Transportation may be available
Locations and Applying
The KITS Program is offered for FREE to incoming kindergartners in the following districts in Summer 2020:
- Bethel (all schools) – 541-689-3280
- Creswell (Creslane) – 541-895-6140
- Eugene 4J (all schools) – Submit application by May 22: ENGLISH SPANISH or call 541-790-7230
- Fern Ridge (all schools) – 541-935-8225 or 541-935-8214
- Junction City (all schools)– ENG: 541-952-1067; SPN: 541-952-1433
- Lowell (Lundy) – 541-937-2105
- Marcola (Marcola) – 541-933-2411
- Oakridge (Oakridge) – 541-782-2813
- South Lane (all schools) – 541-942-4967
- Springfield (Centennial, Douglas Gardens, Guy Lee, Maple, Mt. Vernon, Page, Riverbend, Two Rivers-Dos Rios) – 541-744-6415 or email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Schools may need to cancel groups or enroll a small number of families due to social distancing guidelines.
“KITS is a great way for your child to get a feel for what is to come, so that he or she is more confident and comfortable with starting Kindergarten. KITS prepared my daughter so much and helped a lot with her confidence.” – Brittany G., KITS parent
“KITS is a wonderful opportunity for young students to enter the classroom in a relaxing and comfortable manner. Both my son and I are ready to conquer the coming school year.” – Jesse E., KITS parent
“KITS made a huge difference for our household overall. The focus is on kindergarten, but trust me when I say your whole family will benefit.” – KITS parent