Kids In Transition To School (KITS) Program
Have a child entering Kindergarten this fall and want to give them the best start possible? The Kids in Transition to School (KITS) Program has helped families just like yours make a smooth transition into Kindergarten. They offer two activities: a school readiness group for kids and a workshop for parents/caregivers.
In the KITS School Readiness group your kids will:
- Learn to make friends & cooperate
- Build beginning reading & counting skills
- Do fun activities & play games
- Be in a positive, supportive setting with highly trained teachers!
In the KITS Parent Workshops you will:
- Learn skills to reduce parenting stress
- Learn how to connect with your child’s school
- Connect with other families in a relaxed setting that have the same experiences as you!
KITS also provides:
- Translation of parent groups
- Childcare during parent groups
- Transportation may be available
Locations and Applying
The KITS Program is offered for FREE to incoming kindergartners in the following places in Summer 2020. To express interest in participating complete the interest form or call the number listed.
Update: programs began in July, registration may be closed now for summer 2020 programs.
- Marcola – 541-933-2411
- Oakridge – 541-782-2813
- All Other Lane County Communities*
* PLEASE NOTE: Some schools are offering KITS At Home, an online parent group, in place of in person groups for children and parents/caregivers.
“KITS is a great way for your child to get a feel for what is to come, so that he or she is more confident and comfortable with starting Kindergarten. KITS prepared my daughter so much and helped a lot with her confidence.” – Brittany G., KITS parent
“KITS is a wonderful opportunity for young students to enter the classroom in a relaxing and comfortable manner. Both my son and I are ready to conquer the coming school year.” – Jesse E., KITS parent
“KITS made a huge difference for our household overall. The focus is on kindergarten, but trust me when I say your whole family will benefit.” – KITS parent