Want to stay connected to parenting resources in Lane County? Sign up for the monthly Triple P Newsletter featuring Triple P Online highlights, upcoming family events in Lane County, and the latest parenting blogs from the Triple P team!
Newsletter Sign Up
About Triple P Online:
- Triple P Online (TPOL) is an online learning program made up of sections, designed for parents of children up to 12 years of age. If your children are between the ages of 2 and 12, this program is a great fit for you!
- You will be given an access code, which can be entered into the program’s website. You can access the website 24 hours, 7 days a week!
- TPOL consists of 8 sections, and access is available to you for 12 months from the date your access code is first activated.
- TPOL includes 17 key positive parenting strategies covered in 8 sections. The program sections open up in order – when you finish a section, you will be able to move onto the next one. Previous sections remain unlocked so you can go back to finished sections at any time.
- The program offers achievement badges, resources, a “Q & A” library and a downloadable workbook for you to refer to as you implement the strategies into your daily life.
Section topics cover:
- Section 1 – What is positive parenting?
- Section 2 – Encouraging behavior you like
- Section 3 – Teaching new skills
- Section 4 – Managing misbehavior
- Section 5 – Dealing with disobedience
- Section 6 – Preventing problems by planning ahead
- Section 7 – Making shopping fun
- Section 8 – Raising confident, capable kids
- The course gives you a mixture of videos, worksheets, tips and activities.
- Each section takes between 30 and 60 minutes to complete.
- Triple P Online also offers podcasts, emails, and text reminders to reinforce learning, and remind you to log back in.
Benefits of Triple P Online
- Triple P Online will not tell you how to parent your children. Rather, Triple P Online will outline a variety of strategies which you can adapt to your particular situation and challenges.
- Triple P Online will help you learn positive parenting techniques that will help your family life become calmer and more positive with less yelling!
- Triple P Online will help you feel more confident in managing your children’s behavior.
Does Triple P Online work?
- Triple P Online was developed by Dr. Karen Turner and Dr. Matt Sanders, from the Parenting and Family Support Center at The University of Queensland. Dr. Turner and Dr. Sanders are Clinical Psychologists, and recognized internationally for their work in developing parenting programs and support for families.
- Triple P has been tested with more than 200 clinical trials and evaluation studies worldwide showing it can help families in many different situations.
How to Get Started
There are a couple of ways that you can qualify for free access to the Triple P Online program if you are a Lane County resident.
- If you or your child are on the Oregon Health Plan through Trillium Community Health, you can get Triple P Online for free through LaneKids.org by filling out the form at the bottom of this page.
- Regardless of your health insurance status, you may be interested in participating in a research study of Triple P Online, being done at Oregon Research Institute. If you qualify for the Success for Children and Families study and want to take part in it, you would receive Triple P for free and also receive $90 in gift cards and cash for your participation. If you are the parent of a 3-7 year old child who is showing challenging levels of problem behaviors, click here to find out more about the study and see if you qualify.
Fill out the form below, with your contact preferences. You will be contacted by a friendly Parenting Educator from Parenting Now!, who will talk with you further about the program and give you your access code. Once you have your access code, you’ll be able to start using the program!
After you’ve completed the program, or about four months after you start using the program we will contact you and ask you to fill out a brief survey. After you fill out the survey you will be sent a $10.00 Amazon gift card via e-mail.