Kids In Transition To School (KITS) Program
Kids in Transition to School (KITS) has helped kids and families make the important transition to kindergarten for over 10 years! This fall, to support parents with online learning in kindergarten they are offering the parent/caregiver online program: KITS At Home!
What is KITS At Home?
KITS At Home features an evidence-based and award-winning parent group curriculum. Meet online with parents and other caregivers and learn how to:
- Encourage and support learning at home
- Help children follow directions and cooperate with parents
- Support their children to develop social-emotional skills they need for school success
- Meet online for one hour on two days a week. The groups last for 8 weeks.
- A variety of times and days are available.
- Parents choose their preferred language – English or Spanish.
- Groups meet through the GoToMeeting* platform via video or phone.
- There is a raffle for a $20 gift card at each meeting. At the end of the whole program, there is a raffle for a $100 gift card.
- Parents or caregivers (for example, grandparents, other family members, foster parents) of a child who is currently in kindergarten in Lane County are eligible
Locations and Applying
Update: Fall programs start week of October 19th. Register now!
The KITS Program is offered for FREE to Lane County families with a child currently in kindergartner. To express interest in participating:
- Complete the online interest form.
- For help in English: email Denisef@oslc.org or call/text 916-205-6851.
- For help in Spanish: email Lauraw@oslc.org or call/text 541-606-8350.
“… KITS at Home helped me to be more aware of the things I already do to facilitate learning with my kindergartner. I also learned some new strategies to reinforce positive behavior.”
“Hearing other parents’ stories and struggles was helpful. Knowing I wasn’t alone.”
“I liked that there were clear activities to practice at home that were not elaborate.”